The Safe Motherhood Program, founded in 2003 by Dr. Suellen Miller, is a research group at the University of California, San Francisco, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences and the Bixby Center for Global Reproductive Health.
We aim to achieve this mission by:
1. Conducting rigorous, relevant and timely research, resulting in new, applicable knowledge
2. Ensuring maternal survivorship through principles of respect, dignity and equality
3. Creating direct and practical links from research to policy to implementation
4. Training clinicians of all levels in low-resource settings and raise community awareness of maternal health
5. Disseminating information and innovations globally